The building that hosts Wasa Wellness has been a public sauna / bathhouse for more than 120 years. It was built in 1889 and was earlier known as Harjun Sauna, and was one of the first of its kind in Finland. According to the former owner Mr. Harju and his family, the focus has always been on the wellbeing of the customers.
Until the late 1950s, there were three washerwomen employed at the sauna. The washerwomen gave the customers a good scrub and a massage at the same time.
At the beginning of the 1970s a swimming pool was built and quite a few of our customers today tell us that they learned how to swim in this pool as children.